Website Memorial Healthcare System
Memorial Healthcare System-
We are currently seeking a Manager Pediatric Echocardiography to manage the daily operations of the echocardiography service.
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is the leading children’s hospital in Broward and Palm Beach counties. With 204 beds, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital uses a kid friendly “Power of Play” healing approach that involves patients’ families in every aspect of the compassionate care they receive. We are one of only four children’s hospitals in Florida that performs pediatric heart transplants, and one of just a handful worldwide offering extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with developing specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Managing staff relations including performance, staff satisfaction, and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, payroll and student engagements.
- Developing and monitoring departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations. Determines and justifies needs for systems/equipment/supplies purchases, monitors usage and oversees proper working order and or stock supplies.
- Assessing the quality and performance of the echocardiography techs.
- Work closely with the Medical Director of the laboratory to implement and advance and educate the lab.
- Graduate of an accredited Imaging Technologist program with at least 3-5 years of pediatric imaging congenital heart defect and surgical repair at an accredited ICAL institution required
- Bachelor’s degree in management or related field
- Management experience is preferable.
- Registered as a diagnostic medical sonographer PEDS or diagnostic cardiac sonographer Peds-RDCS (Peds) by the American Registry for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or as a technologist (RT) by the American Registry of Radiographic Technologists (ARRT)
- Florida State licensure
- Critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
Interested candidates please contact:
Joyce Dorn, Administrative Director Pediatric Heart Institute (954) 265-9413, email@example.com
Jaime Alkon, MD; Medical Director Pediatric Echo Lab, (954) 265-9669, firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com