Website Charles Clinic Heart Care
Trainee Cardiac Sonographer
Employment Status: Full Time
Entity: Charles Clinic Heart Care
Locations: Launceston and Burnie
Award: Health Professionals and Support Services Award
Hours per Week: 38
Charles Clinic Heart Care:
This is an excellent opportunity for a full-time trainee cardiac sonographer to join our dynamic team at Charles Clinic Heart Care.
Charles Clinic Heart Care, established in 2010. It is a purpose-built cardiology practice based in Launceston which has state of the art equipment and technology. We also have a clinic in Burnie from which we provide weekly services. Charles Clinic Heart Care is rapidly growing and has become nationally recognised centre of excellence offering comprehensive cardiac services to the Tasmanian community.
Our team includes three full-time and nine fly-in cardiologists along with six Queensland University of Technology qualified cardiac sonographers.
Our diagnostic services include echocardiograms (contrast, GLS, CRT, 3-D, adult congenital), stress echocardiograms, Electrocardiogram, Ambulatory Blood Pressure and Holter monitoring.
The trainee cardiac sonographer will be required to, under the supervision and support of the senior cardiac sonographer, perform and record transthoracic echocardiograms, obtain the necessary skills to produce technically high quality imaging in all procedures undertaken and observe and assist with transoesophageal echocardiograms as directed by the procedural cardiologist.
- Possess an applied science degree or Batchelor degree with a relevant health component.
- Be eligible to register as a student sonographer with the Australian Sonographer Accreditation Registry (ASAR).
- Be eligible to enrol in the Graduate Diploma of Cardiac Ultrasound with Queensland University of Technology (QUT).
- Possess high calibre interpersonal skills.
- Uphold a good work ethic.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be competent using Microsoft Office.
- Hold a current driver’s licence.
Applicants with general sonography experience are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant must:
Provide criminal record check prior to commencing employment.
Ensure their immunisation status (Hep B, influenza etc.) is up to date prior to commencement.
Closing Date: 30th June 2018
Contact People: Noora Jamal, Manager – Diagnostic Services or, Jan Dawkins – Practice Manager
Phone: 03-63111 555
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org